Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Cute Old Man

As I sat in the student center at the university today, minding my own business, a kind and meek old man walked up to me. I heard him coming up behind me and I turned around to see him just smiling at me. He said as follows:

"You don't know me, and I don't know you. And you don't need to know me. But I just wanted to tell you that you look absolutely stunning today.... And you deserve a compliment."


As silly as this might sound, I can honestly say it was probably the nicest thing anyone has every said to me.

Today was just one of those days. Nothing seemed to be right. I was being entirely too hard on myself and entirely too over analytical about life in general. And I truly believe this was a tender mercy of the Lord. He knew I needed a slight pick-me-up... and He was right.

I will never forget this cute old man and the difference he made in my day!

No comments: