Thursday, June 17, 2010

Babysitters aka Spawns of Satan

So today was a lovely day at work. For those of you who don't know... I have the greatest most awesome job in the world. I am a nanny for 2 precious little angels. And sometimes 2 1/2. (Jack lives about an hour away and comes to visit a couple times a week.) and angels describes them perfectly.... well most of the time.

Laruen- 9 years old.
Emily- 6 years old.
Jack- 2 years old.

We started off the day with breakfast. Then it was piano time so Lauren and I headed to her house to play for 3o minutes. After piano, it was time to read. The girls have to read for 30 minutes a day so today Emily and I read Dr. Seuss's "Are You My Mother?" 40 pages later, Emily said her voice was tired so could I please finish it. So cute.

Alvin and the Chipmunks was the feature film today (we watch a lot of movies.) Lunch time came and then the best part of the day was here.... SWIMMING. We swimm every day.

Sometimes Emily gets nervous in the water and always wants to come in the deep end but just can't do it, which is fine! Well she really wanted to today. I told her it was up to her and that we would love for her to join us in the deep-end. I then got the following response for no staying the in shallow end with her.

E: "I don't like you Madison."
M: "Okay."
E: "I want a new babysitter."
M: "Okay."
E: "WHY ARE YOU ONLY SAYING OKAY!!!!"

It was rather humorous. She gets riled up so easily and it was hilarious! We then continued our swim day and had several interesting conversations. They went from skinny dipping (emily doesn't like to wear cloths and wanted to strip and swim) to why we get tan lines, and then to what the "brown things" on your boobies were.

Today was full of humor, laughter, screaming, and memories.

1 comment:

natalie said...

I LOVE days like this. so perfect.